Torta del Casar Cheese La Cobija 500gr
La Cobija Cheese
Cheese Torta del Casar D.O.P. (P.D.O.)
Raw milk from merino and entrefina sheep.
- Política de seguridad (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
- Política de envío (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
- Política de devolución (editar con el módulo Información de seguridad y confianza para el cliente)
La Cobija Cheese
Cheese Torta del Casar D.O. P. (PDO)
It is a handmade product and it is produced using traditional methods.
This cheese is made from sheep's milk, vegetable rennet and salt.
It is a hard cheese, fatty, with a period of more than 60 days maturity.
Circular light and thin crust, yellow-ocher color. Interior, creamy, soft and unctuous paste, ivory white colour.
This cream cheese has a slight sour notes on pieces piquant older. Its flavorv is lightly bitter and slightly salty, with an intense aroma.
Whole pieces of approximately 500grs.
The Cheese Factory Castúo S.C.
The Castúo cheese is a frontier company started business in 1978, mainly engaged in the sale of milk, but has grown to produce their own cheeses and is currently host to the Designation of Origin Torta del Casar.
The company is engaged in the production of sheep and the cheese whose milk obtained by milking his own sheep. Merino and Entrefino sheep, are controlled sanitary, feeding on natural grazing pastures and with local produce such as barley or alfalfa, which ensures the quality of their lambs, milk and cheese.
They made two types of cheese:
- Semi-hard cheese, not protected by the Designation of Origin, marketed under the brand "The Castúo".
- Soft cheeses, covered by the Protected Designation of Origin "Torta del Casar" and sold under the "TIANA" brands and "La Cobija".
In this process of evolution the company has gone from producing 2,000 kilos of "Torta" certified by the IO in 1982, to 40,000 kilos currently it puts on the market. Always working with their own milk and a controlled process that allows them to offer the best quality.
The cheese factory is an agribusiness Castúo within the geographical area covered by the Protected Designation of Origin Torta del Casar, framed in the town of Caceres.
- Sheep cheese soft paste: Silver Medal - National Trujillo Cheese Fair 1992 Bronze Medal - National Trujillo Cheese Fair 1994 Gold Medal - National Trujillo Cheese Fair 1995 Gold Medal - National Cheese Fair Trujillo 2002.
- Sheep cheese hardcover: Gold Medal - National Trujillo Cheese Fair 2001 Gold Medal - National Trujillo Cheese Fair 2012.