Aljibes Syrah Red Wine
Vino de la Tierra de Castilla, Castilla La Mancha
The grapes of this wine have gone through a triple selection process.
Aljibes Syrah is a delicious wine with a deep cherry colour, a complex bouquet of ageing notes and spices coming through jammy black fruits aromas; and a seductive mouth feel with hints of coffee underpinned by ripe tannins.
12 months in French and American oak.
Roasted lamb, marinated deer steak.
Alcohol Content (Vol):
750 ml Bottle. Cases of 6 bottles.
- Quijote de Plata, Concurso Vinos “Tierra del Quijote 2015” (VA Blanco 2014)
- Quijote de Oro, Concurso Vinos “Tierra del Quijote 2014” (VA Blanco 2013)
- Gold Selection Prize, Premios Gran Selección 2014. (VA Rose 2013)
- Silver Selection Prize, Premios Gran Selección 2013. (VA Blanco 2012)
- 85 Points, Stephen Tanzer 2012. (VA Tinto)
- 87 + Points, Stephen Tanzer 2012. (Aljibes)
- 87 + Points, Stephen Tanzer 2012. (Cabernet Franc)
- Silver Medal, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2012. (Aljibes 2008)
- Silver Medal, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2012. (Petit Verdot 2008)
- 89 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (VA Blanco 2010)
- 88 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (VA Rosé 2010)
- 90 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (VA Tinto 2009)
- Silver Medal, oncours Mondial de Bruxelles 2011. (Aljibes 2007)
- 92 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (Aljibes 2007)
- 89 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (Syrah 2005)
- Gold Medal, oncours Mondial de Bruxelles 2011. (Cabernet Franc 2007)
- 93+ Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (Cabernet Franc 2007)
- 92 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (Petit Verdot 2008)
- 94 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2011. (Selectus 2007)
- 93 Points, Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, 2009. (Selectus 2009)
Winery Los Aljibes
Los Aljibes Winery is located in Los Aljibes Estate, in the municipality of Chinchilla of Montearagón, Albacete; this area corresponds to the Denomination of Origin Vino de la Tierra de Castilla. The winery building, which has got the typical La Mancha style, is surrounded by 178 hectares of vineyards, cultivated at an altitude of almost a thousand meters. Los Aljibes is devoted to elaborating expressive wines in which functionality and modernity blend perfectly offering great cultural value.
The soil of the estate is limy and sandy with little organic material and depth. The climate is arid continental. These extreme conditions, along with the cited high altitude, favour a low production and a lengthy maturation of the grape varieties that grow in the area, bringing roundness and quality to their wines.
Although the viticulture in their vineyards has preserved traditional methods, it has also introduced modern techniques and organic farming in order to guarantee a high quality grape production and a sustainable balance between the estate and the winery. In addition, the effort and enthusiasm of their team assure wines of great personality and excellent quality.
Winemaking is exclusively performed with Their own grapes in stainless steel tanks with the latest technology such as auto-macerators and inner waterfalls. The malolactic fermentation are performed in 18 French oak vats of 10,000 litters and French oak fudres of 5,000 litters, which are also used for wine blending.
The aging is carried out in wine cellars, in an environment of controlled temperature and humidity in order to achieve the best quality during the stay of their wines in wood. Both the French and American oak barrels are below four years old.
All data comes from Los Aljibes
- Vino de la Tierra de Castilla, Castilla La Mancha